I’m excited to announce the release of a new Free Course: Intro to Fine Art Printing!…
I have finally moved into my new workshop/studio, and the extra room and space is really NICE! Built as an addition to my home, we started the construction back in April, and finished in time to host two landscape workshops in October.
I’m really happy with the way it turned out, and it has already improved my overall frame of mind both in terms of workflow, efficiency, and finally having a large space to hang and show my work to potential patrons. Because I do all of my own developing, printing, matting and framing in-house, this is really critical for achieving the highest quality possible both in materials and visually.
Some of the highlights include:
- Mac computers running Adobe Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4
- Canon iPF5000, iPF6100, and Epson R2400 pro printers
- Epson 77c LCD projector for slideshows and presentations
- 2 large matting and framing stations which double as conference tables
- RAID storage drives by G-Technology
- Lots of of inspiring photo books by many of my favorite photographers.
- Paper by Hahnemuhle, Ilford, Epson, and Canson-Infinity (my current favorite).
I also installed Full Spectrum Solutions Blue Max lighting, which provides 5900K balanced light for natural and accurate color rendition, an absolute must for proper color management. I’m also printing on canvas and will start offering Gallery Wraps for the holidays and into 2009 (more info soon).
During workshops, I can fit 6-7 students comfortably, while still having enough space to work on an individual basis if need be. Students have access to all of the gear I use regularly, such as software, printers, papers, matting and framing tools, which really provides a hands-on experience in a working environment. This is the best way to learn in my opinion, and I’m looking forward to learning from my students as well in order to improve the workshops. Don’t forget to check out the 360° VR panorama on the website.
The 2009 Workshop Schedule will be released soon – stay tuned!